Sight is a precious gift. Therefore, treatment that involves our eyes and our sight can sometimes make us anxious, and any mistreatment during such practice can be particularly stressful and can have a devastating consequences.
Negligence during treatment involving our eyes is something that no-one wants to think about, however is unfortunately a reality that some have to face.
Our medical negligence solicitors at Claim Today Solicitors can help you claim the compensation you deserve. Our team is experienced in handling claims surrounding ophthalmic complications, and will not only look to get you compensation, but also ensure that you get the correct assistance you require as you look to plan for tomorrow.
Types of ophthalmic negligence
Our experience includes helping people claim in respect of the following procedures:
- LASIK/LASEK eye surgery; in some rare cases, the cut in the cornea can go into the eye itself, or lead to corneal ectasia, a thinning of the cornea, leading to distorted vision;
- cataract surgery; either through delayed diagnosis which can worsen the condition of cataracts, or wrongly positioned or located intra-ocular lenses, which is where you can see the edge of your lens implant;
- misdiagnosis; or delayed diagnosis when it comes to cataracts, glaucoma, diabetes, retinal detachment, or age related macular degeneration (AMD);
- keratoplasty surgery (surgery to the cornea); this can lead to infection, corneal scarring, glare, and being unable to wear contact lenses afterwards;
- eye muscle surgery (strabismus treatment); anaesthetic issues, breathing problems during surgery, bleeding or infection, or double vision;
- retinal detachment; eyeball scarring, and the incorrect use of ophthalmic equipment;
- incorrect prescriptions for glasses, contact lenses, eye drops and medication.
No win no fee
Personal injury compensation claims, clinical negligence claims, and serious injury claims made with Claim Today Solicitors are brought on a “no win, no fee” basis. This means that if you don’t win your case, you don’t pay a penny.
The main benefits of a “No Win, No Fee” agreement is that there is no money to pay up front. Any amounts payable by you are only payable if you win and are therefore deducted from your compensation, meaning you need not worry about money in order to make a claim, and to benefit from legal advice as soon as possible.
Do you have a claim?
If you believe you may have a clinical negligence claim, and that you only became aware of the negligent act within the last three years, then you may be able to bring have a claim. You should contact us by calling 08000 93 93 92, or by filling out our contact form so that our team can take full details from you and advise you as to whether you have a claim or not, and your next steps.
How to start your claim
To start your claim with Claim Today Solicitors, either call 08000 93 93 92, or start your claim by clicking here and filling out our form, where we will call you back to talk to you in more detail about your claim.
When detailing your claim, it is important that you note down the details of your accident, including:
- the time and date of the incident/treatment;
- the location of the incident/treatment;
- what you believe to have gone wrong;
- what injury/damage you believe you have suffered as a result;
- photographs of the scarring/injury.
After establishing that you have a claim that we can take forward, our expert solicitors at Claim Today will handle all of your tricky paperwork and advise you throughout the claim process.
Claim Today, Plan for Tomorrow
Claim Today Solicitors is a personal injury firm that specialises in medical negligence and serious injury claims, and is nationally accredited for both client service and legal delivery in the field of personal injury. The Head of our Clinical Negligence Department, Joanne Warren, is accredited by the Law Society in the field of Clinical Negligence.
However, our care looks beyond that of your claim. Our commitment to you can be seen through our tagline “Claim Today, Plan for Tomorrow”. Our expert team of clinical negligence solicitors look at ensuring that you are able to continue your life as able and as worry-free as possible.
We will assess the impact of your medical care alongside your rehabilitation, equipment and house adjustments, and your long-term daily care needs, to ensure that you receive full support with your claim. This can include provisions such as benefits, psychological and physical therapy, future care, mobility and living modifications, family support, and ongoing medical treatment.
In some cases, we are also able to offer claim advances up front in order to make necessary adjustments and medical support to ensure that you get the best support at a time that you need it most, meaning that you can start planning for tomorrow, while you claim today.