All parts of the case were professionally and satisfactorily completed.Vassel George & Icilda Willoughby, Birmingham.
When summer comes around, everyone wants to spend more time out and about. Whether it’s a romantic getaway, city break or that adventure holiday you’ve always wanted, summer is a great time to have fun and get active. Unfortunately, every year holidaymakers risk accident, injury or illness while abroad, and many find that they have not considered the risks before they travel. An accident or injury on holiday can end up costing you a fortune – not to mention ruining your holiday.
If you have suffered an accident on holiday or an injury while you were abroad, you are not alone! You could be entitled to compensation to cover the loss of enjoyment of the holiday, your medical costs and compensation for your actual injury.
Any holiday accident claim for an injury sustained abroad can be complicated – so you’ll need an expert to help. At Claim Today Solicitors, our team have been helping clients after accidents on holiday for many years, so we know just what to do to ensure you get the help you need!
Holiday accident claims come in two forms: abroad and domestic, depending whether you were in the UK at the time of the accident.
Accidents on holiday cover anything from slips and trips due to poorly maintained walkways to accidents whilst you are travelling to your destination.
Holiday Claims Include
- Food Poisoning
- Outbreak of illness
- Car or coach accidents
- Air or sea accidents
- Water sports injuries
- adventure holiday injuries
- serious injury while aboard
It can sometimes be difficult to know who your claim will be pursued against. This is where Claim Today Solicitors can help! For example:
- Accidents suffered abroad can sometimes fall under the jurisdiction of the country in which the accident took place.
- Varying time restrictions mean you must start your case as soon as possible.
When making a holiday accident claims there are some very important things to bear in mind:
- Accident claims while working abroad may be made against an employer who is at fault. If the company employing you is based in or has registered premises in the UK, then you may use a UK solicitor, and the case is treated the same as an Accident At Work claim.
- If you suffered an accident in the hotel you are staying in then you can make a claim against the holiday company you booked with if the holiday was booked as part of a package deal from a company based in the UK.
- If you have had an accident outside of your hotel grounds you may be able to pursue a claim directly against the person responsible.
- If you suffer an accident on public transport, seek immediate medical attention, as in some countries this can be a prerequisite of making a claim.
If you have suffered an injury as the result of an accident whilst on holiday, call Claim Today Solicitors now for expert help and advice from one of our specialist personal injury solicitors on 0800 093 9392.